Blair House Restoration Fund
Located across Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House, the gracious Federal-era residence known as Blair House has been the setting of many dramatic scenes in the continuously unfolding drama that is our nation’s history. Built in 1824, it soon became a social gathering place for such political luminaries as Daniel Webster, Henry Clay, and John C. Calhoun. Blair House was the residence of President Truman and his family during the extensive restoration of The White House from 1948 to 1952. It is used today primarily to house high-ranking foreign dignitaries during their visits to Washington, and as an elegant venue for important state occasions. The Catherine B. Reynolds Foundation is pleased to be able to contribute a significant portion of the funds needed to restore Blair House to its original pristine beauty.